Wednesday, August 31, 2005

From the No Good Deed Goes Unpunished File

A few weeks ago, one of my neighbors left her dog outside while she went to work. The temperature was around 95 degrees with a heat index of over 100. This is a very small dog, what I like to call ankle biters. I noticed the dog several times, but since this neighbor won't talk to me, I didn't want to get involved. That turned out to be a very good choice on my part. Another neighbor decided to give the dog some water. She felt bad for the dog. She hadn't even returned to her house and her phone was ringing. It was the woman who owned the dog. She wanted to know why she was giving her dog a drink. Evidently a third neighbor called her at work to let her know what happened. If this neighbor was so concerned, why didn't she just give the dog a drink? I guess you never know who is watching you and who they will tell about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter